Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Maui story

This week we have been making an amazing piece writing not just any writing a legend of how Maui caught the North Island. I am learning to retell Maori legends and myths.
Something that has challenged me was putting awesome vocab into my work.
I am proud of my work because I have reached a gold level piece of writing.
When I was doing my writing I stretched my perseverance muscle
I used this muscle because I never gave up and I always went back into my writing to make changes.
Here is the writing that I did.

This is some of the vocab in my myth; 
struck,smeared,outraged,enraged and horror struck there could be some more in there.

The fish of Maui

As the sun rose it shone its awesome canary yellow. Maui roughly jumped into his brothers waka but for some reason it made no noise at all . Maui had to sneak into the boat because his brothers didn’t invite him to go fishing because their brothers were jealous of Maui’s magical abilities. As Maui was in the bottom of the bronze wooden waka his brothers have set sail. The boat has stopped but Maui disagreed with the spot so he jumped out from his hiding spot in the bottom of the waka his brothers where horror shock.

Maui demanded to go on to a better spot than this and they went on as the light of marama the moon guided them towards the great fishing spot. His brothers were agitated with their amazing brother and wouldn’t give him any bait so he struck himself with the magic jawbone and smeared the bone with the rose red blood. He swung his jawbone around his head like it was a lasso he hurled the jawbone into the water. It slashed through the water like it was a tiaha it went at the speed of light.

It snagged onto something very heavy and strong Maui placed his feet so they were firm and locked in place. Maui  heaved,tugged and shaged with all his might. The sea was twisting and twirling the sea was getting outraged. It came to the surface it was just a big black scaley fish the waka lay beached on the fish he told his brothers to wait there and not do anything to this fish while he was gone. The brothers disobeyed their big brother and started hacking into the great fish of Maui to take their share of the giant fish. Maui got back and was enraged with his brothers they had destroyed his fish. Now all his fish was just hills and land.  

Now there is many people living on this giant fish of New Zealand. The rest of the world know it as the North Island.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment