Thursday, June 02, 2016

Bread instructions

This term we have been doing some science looking at changes.
I have been exploring yeast.
I have been learning to make dough and see how much the yeast has risen the dough.
Here is some instructions for you to make some great bread.
I worked hard on making my instructions easy to follow for the reader. I put the ingredients into a list and the steps in order.

Introduction

Once it was a rainy day and I said to mum “can we make some bread”.

“Why?”. “Because I am bored and I can’t go outside”. “Ok then Chris. We have the ingredients ah. “Yeah I’m sure we have all the ingredients”. Bread rises when yeast and sugar are combined together. Yeast reacts with sugar and puts a type of air called carbon dioxide this air fills up the dough and that is how the bread rises. Also bread rises when you put baking powder and baking soda in. Did you know if you combine hot water with yeast you actually deactivate the yeast and the bread doesn’t rise that is why you only use warm water.

Ingredients

1 cup of flour
1 Tbsp (tablespoon) of white sugar
1 tsp (teaspoon) of oil
½ cup of warm not hot water
1 teaspoon of yeast
Method

1.Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well for one minute to make sure they are all mixed in.
2.Add the oil and the warm water but not hot water.
3.Stir the mixture well for five minutes.
4.Make sure the dough is sticky.
5.walk away for 30 mins to let it rise.
6.Put the dough in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
7. Leave the dough in the oven for 35 minutes to make it golden and moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment